Talking With God: The Radioactive Ark Of The Testimony offers new answers to age-old biblical questions:
- What was the true reason for the second of the Ten Commandments?
- Why did people die when they touched the Ark?
- Why were the Israelites required to perform sacrifice?
- Why doesn’t the word “holy” mean “holy”?
- What is the soul and where is it located?
- What is God?
Amidst the strident contemporary debates over the primacy of religion vs. science, author Roger D. Isaacs has written a volume that explores dramatic connections between these often adversarial camps. Talking With God is an assembled jigsaw puzzle interweaving science with the Bible to offer a radical new understanding of key words and phenomena in the Hebrew Bible.
“An enormous, imaginative work. I think I would call it a modern midrash.”
The Late Rabbi Jacob Milgrom, Biblical Scholar, U.C. Berkeley Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies
While the Ark of the Testimony was in use, from Moses to the reign of King David, the Israelites reported terrifying, even fatal encounters with the Ark. They used the common terms of the day, but their original descriptions have suffered the misconstruing and, therefore, faulty translation that comes from the evolution of language over time.
Talking With God includes …
- 514 pages
- 63 illustrations;
- An extensive bibliography;
- A significant glossary of terms, with traditional and updated interpretations for 30+ key words in the Hebrew Bible;
- Examinations of words from 18 ancient languages and an index of those words
Through his extensive research in digs, museums, and libraries in several countries, including Syria, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, and England, Isaacs has discovered related and loanwords in 18 ancient languages that, when associated with their Hebrew neighbors and assembled, clarify the intent of the early scribes who relayed those events in the Bible.
“This work…represents a novel and substantive approach to biblical study and understanding.”
Dr. Byron Sherwin, Distinguished Service Professor, Director of Doctoral Programs, Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies.
About the Book
Roger Isaacs discusses why he researched and wrote “Talking With God”
Winged discs, a universal symbol and possible pattern for the cherubim
Examples of Radioactive Burn
Glossary of Traditional vs. Re-interpreted Biblical Words
Talking With God: The Radioactive Ark Of The Testimony propounds a theory that reinterprets particular phenomena described in the Hebrew Bible in terms of modern physics and chemistry. The book discusses certain heretofore puzzling laws and passages in Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers, and some following books, especially as they relate to the process of communicating with God, e.g., which items to use to facilitate that communication:
- two stones (edut) that Moses brought down from Mount Sinai;
- an Ark or box to house the stones;
- cherubim on top of the Ark;
- a tent to house the Ark, which the Israelites transported through the Wilderness;
- altars for sacrifices and incense;
- a jeweled apparatus worn by the high priest with a breastpiece, an ephod, and Urim and Thummim.
Talking With God reaches entirely new conclusions about not only these puzzling laws, but also many of the terrifying Ark related events conveyed by first hand observers. Key words used in their descriptions, such as the Hebrew words translated “holy,” “glory,” “unclean,” and “sin,” do not seem to have these meanings. In many cases, by researching related words in neighboring languages, e.g., Assyrian, Babylonian, Eblaite, Greek, Egyptian, Hittite, Sumerian, Ugaritic, etc. their true meanings are revealed.
The book discusses …
- the Ark as the communications device that Moses and others used to speak with God;
- various biblical phenomena in terms of the laws of modern physics and chemistry;
- the Ark’s radioactivity that constantly threatened the Israelites as they crossed the Wilderness over 3,000 years ago.
Whether or not you take the Bible literally, you will see that what happened to the ancient Israelites was documented incorrectly and is now at the heart of many of the world’s major religions.
Retailer Purchase Opportunity
Fax, e-mail or mail the Retailer Order Form (PDF) to place your order.
Get Your Copy of Talking With God
by Roger D. Isaacs